Monday, October 17, 2011

The Terminator

Thrills (#42); Quotes - "I'll be back" (#37); Villains - Terminator (#22)
First off, it really needs to be said that Arnold Schwarzenegger has an incredible body. I don't mean sexy. He's too body buildery (but fortunately not overly so - not bronzed and oily and veiny) to be sexy. But holy cow. He's like a golf tee. And he's huge!

Now that that's out of the way, I can review the movie. It is such an '80s movie! The hair, the clothes, the technology, the dancing. It's really rather funny how dated it is. And the futuristic set looks a bit like something you'd find on The Muppet Show. And Linda Hamilton isn't pretty. And the ending is cheesy.

Other than that, I liked it, which was surprising. It was thrilling and fast paced.

Oh, well, except for the exacto knife. Like I wasn't afraid of those enough already.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTx9WMsxLLM

2 comments:

melilotnfosco said...

he looks so young!

hobbitsister said...

that was my other thought, once i got past the "oh my goodness, look at that body!" thought.