Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Bull Durham



Laughs (#97); Stars - Kevin Costner (Current); Top Ten - Sports (#5)
This isn't so much a baseball movie as it is a movie about sex that's set against the background of baseball. And as such, I didn't like it. The characters are shallow and there really isn't a basis for their relationship. They know that and don't mind - but I do.
The movie does have its moments - I like the part when the guys gather at the pitcher's mound to discuss what to get a teammate for a wedding gift (so that's what they talk about!) - but overall, I'd pass. I'll take The Pride of the Yankees or A League of Their Own any day.

If you'll pardon the language, here's the pitcher's mound scene:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo88LaJIt5E&feature=related
This part's good, too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBUS3vQtDCA&feature=related

3 comments:

hobbitsister said...

happy world series day!

melilotnfosco said...

yay world series day!
i'll watch the clips when i get home. right now i'm at the library and only have their headphones, and that's just gross.

hobbitsister said...

well, yeah.