Monday, October 3, 2011

The Verdict



Cheers (#75); Top Ten - Courtroom Drama (#4)

Paul Newman, Jack Warden, courtroom drama, a compelling story - what's not to love? The answer: David Mamet. When I saw that he wrote the screenplay, I knew I'd end up being disappointed. And I was. I hated House of Games. And a certain professional baseball player still owes me money for the evening I wasted watching The Spanish Prisoner. This time, Mamet had a really good story, one that John Grisham or David E. Kelley would have done wonders with, and two of the best actors in the business. Yet in typical Mamet style, the movie dragged.

David Mamet, go away!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaYQkHgHwyQ

2 comments:

melilotnfosco said...

oh heavens. why would you watch anything written by the spanish prisoner guy? we'll never get those two hours back, why would you subject yourself to more?

hobbitsister said...

because it's on the list so it's the law (unless it's something really offensive)
plus also, paul newman