
Cheers (#38); Songs - When You Wish Upon a Star (#7); Top Ten - Animation (#2)
Sure, Silence of the Lambs scared college-age me. But Pinocchio frightened little person me. It wasn't Monstro. I knew the Jonah story. I knew that people (or puppets) who get swallowed by whales come out alive. It was Pleasure Island that was really scary. I sure didn't want to be turned into a donkey!
I think that's the reason Pinocchio ranks pretty low on my list of Disney movies. And while When You Wish Upon a Star is indeed a great song, Jiminy Cricket's voice annoys me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy49Yea3iZc
2 comments:
trivia: cliff edwards, the annoying voice of jiminy crickett, played an unnamed soldier in gwtw
yeah, that whole donkey thing was really scary.
and i'm very happy for mr. edwards (not that mr. edwards, this mr. edwards) for getting to play a soldier. he needed to get to be manly.
Post a Comment