
Top 100 (#83/86); Heroes - General George Patton (#29)
I don't like war movies. Military history bores me, and three hours of military strategy and people shooting each other is tedious.
And that's still my opinion, after watching Patton. There were things I liked about it. I liked that Patton took war seriously and was in it to win. He was a true soldier. And I thought George C. Scott did an excellent job. He won the Oscar for the role, but turned it down because he didn't think actors should be competing against each other (don't they - or somebody anyways - have to submit their work to the Academy? Just wondering)
Anyways, if you like war movies, here you go. My husband said he's seen it "several times". All I could think was "Why?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5jN7OnPhgw
2 comments:
cuz he's a boy, and one that likes military history at that.
boys...
Post a Comment