Friday, October 7, 2011

An American in Paris



Top 100 (#68); Stars - Gene Kelly (#15); Songs - I Got Rhythm (#32); Passions (#39); Musicals (#9)

Oh, Gene Kelly, how I love to watch you dance! Well, except for the long ballet sequences. Truth be told, I fast forward through them. And then there's Leslie Caron. Maybe she can dance, but she looks like she's 13 (I thought maybe it was the ugly haircut, but then I realized it's the same hair 40-year-old Stockard Channing has in Grease). And sorry, but she's not all that pretty. I'm not sure why Gene Kelly would be so entranced by her.

But anyways, this movie has Gene Kelly and great Gershwin songs and 's wonderful enough for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvglHa_P9BA

2 comments:

hobbitsister said...

what better way to celebrate world smile day than with gene kelly? he's so fine!

melilotnfosco said...

doo-lang doo-lang doo-lang!