Sunday, October 23, 2011

Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring



Top 100 (#50 - Revised); Top Ten - Fantasy (#2)

I wasn't initially thrilled about seeing this movie, but my husband wanted to, so my sister and I tagged along.

The story was interesting, albeit a bit confusing, but I thought it was scary and violent. And the Orcs were icky. And then the movie just ended. What was that all about? I was annoyed, because that meant I'd have to see The Two Towers, too.

Since then, I've come to like the movie. After seeing the entire trilogy, the story makes more sense and the characterization is clearer. And I love Samwise Gamgee.

So yes, this is a must-see movie. But you really have to see all three.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJEmL99wwXA

3 comments:

melilotnfosco said...

i had forgotten how confusing it was til i watched the theater version with cocoa and the dairy princess. thank goodness i was there to help them out.
and yes, trilogy isn't quite the right word for lotr, since it's one complete story.
and i love samwise gamgee.

hobbitsister said...

i know trilogy isn't the right word, but do you have a better one?

melilotnfosco said...

well no. and i'm not saying anything against you for using it, cuz that's what everyone else uses. it's just not quite right.