Monday, September 5, 2011

My Fair Lady



Top 100 (#91); Stars - Audrey Hepburn (#3); Songs - I Could Have Danced... (#17); Passions (#12); Musicals (#8)

I love musicals, and I love this story. I love the romance that comes not out of heated passion but of a true understanding of each other. I've Grown Accustomed to Her Face is one of the most romantic songs ever written, and Rex Harrison delivers it perfectly.

I would have liked to see Julie Andrews in the role of Eliza, just to see if that would have been better. Audrey Hepburn was good, but she's never been one of my favorite actresses. Nevertheless, I do really enjoy this movie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34IhQdYfkIc

3 comments:

melilotnfosco said...

i love this one. so very romantic. plus also it has phonetics. i want to be henry higgins when i grow up.
it is distracting, though, just how bad audrey hepburn's lip syncing is, but then, when i heard julie andrews' cockney (whenever that was), it was bad and distracting, too. it would have been nice, though, just to see how she did in the role.

melilotnfosco said...

oh, but i do fast forward through the parts with eliza's father, though. they just drag the movie out for no reason.

hobbitsister said...

yes, i don't know if i would like julie andrews better, but i would like to see it.
and i agree with you on the alfie doolittle parts, too.