Saturday, September 10, 2011

A League of Their Own



Stars - Geena Davis (Current); Quotes - "There's no crying in baseball!" (#54)

What's not to love about this movie? Baseball, Tom Hanks, the '40s, Bill Pullman - it's just altogether wonderful! I love the humor, the costumes, the music, the wartime romance, and of course, the baseball. My only complaint is that Jerry McGuire made the Top Ten sports list, while this movie did not. I honestly think it's because those who made the list didn't consider girl sports movies. Sheesh. Did the kick butt baseball players in this movie teach us nothing?

It's also worth mentioning that whoever cast the modern day versions of the team did an excellent job. I can't believe how much those actresses look like their younger counterparts. Well done!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPqYnC-SW5w

3 comments:

melilotnfosco said...

weren't some of those old ladies the actually players?
and i'm sure you're right on the sports list thing. and they are so so wrong.

hobbitsister said...

i think some of them were, but not the main characters.

melilotnfosco said...

oh, yes. and yes, they are cast well.