Friday, February 24, 2012

Beetlejuice


Laughs (#88); Stars - Alec Baldwin, Geena Davis, Michael Keaton (Current)
My quest to watch all of the AFI Top 100 movies is a pretty good bucket list item. That is, until Scout asked me why I was watching this movie. "Watching Beetlejuice is on my bucket list," I explained. And then I doubted this entire project. Gone With the Wind, Schindler's List, To Kill a Mockingbird - all noble pursuits. But Beetlejuice? Really?
Whether it's worthy of being on the Top 100 list of anything is debatable, but I guess the movie wasn't too bad. Just what you'd expect if you were to combine Tim Burton, the '80s, and lame comedy.

3 comments:

melilotnfosco said...

"Tim Burton, the '80s, and lame comedy" - yeah, that's about right

hobbitsister said...

you've seen it? why? at least i had an excuse.

melilotnfosco said...

cuz i was a child in the 80s