Tuesday, November 1, 2011

To Kill A Mockingbird



Top 100 (#34/25); Score (#17); Stars - Gregory Peck (#12); Cheers (#2); Heroes - Atticus Finch (#1); Top Ten - Courtroom Drama (#1)

The only thing better than this movie is the book on which it was based, and that's a pretty close match. I love this story - a girl growing up and learning about prejudices (towards the poor, to other races, and to the mentally challenged). Along the way, she is guided by her father. Atticus Finch is without a doubt the most honorable character in literature, and I am so glad AFI acknowledged that. A man with integrity, decency, and wisdom. I wish we could all be like Atticus.

This is one of the most powerful moments in all of moviedom:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7CX_5D6y6E

3 comments:

hobbitsister said...

happy national family literacy day!

melilotnfosco said...

it truly is (one of the most powerful moments in all of moviedom). atticus finch should be #1. and gregory peck played him beyond perfectly.

hobbitsister said...

absolutely. he truly did justice to the role.