Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Driving Miss Daisy



Stars - Morgan Freeman (Current); Cheers (#77)

Oh, how I love this movie! One of my all-time favorites. It's a beautiful story of friendship. It has humor, it has heart, and it's definitely worth watching.

The only thing wrong with this movie is Dan Akroyd's accent, which is downright painful, and his stage acting. I'm not quite sure why he was cast. But Jessica Tandy is perfect, Morgan Freeman (I love him!) is wonderful, and Esther Rolle is understated but terrific.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR0oZ2pnhyg
I can't think of any better way to celebrate Go for a Ride Day (well, except maybe actually going for a ride. But it would depend on where you're going).

2 comments:

melilotnfosco said...

i want to see this

hobbitsister said...

you should! but it's not that great. i really don't want to overhype this one. so don't bother. it sucks. you'd hate it. it's lame. and pointless.