Thursday, April 26, 2012

Madame Curie

Cheers (#97)

I'm so glad I saw this movie, for it was much better than the book I read about Marie Curie.  She was more interesting and likeable here, and the scientific studies made so much more sense.

Walter Pidgeon is charming, and Greer Garson reminded me of Susan Sarandon.  Maybe she and George Clooney should do a remake.

Personally, I think this movie also belongs on the Passions list.  The love story between Pierre and Marie is sweet, and Pierre's social awkwardness makes it that much more endearing.  I wanted his proposal to be the clip of the day, but alas, youtube doesn't have it.  You'll have to rent the movie yourself, and in the meantime, watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S3K9kEASOw&feature=related

2 comments:

melilotnfosco said...

are there places to rent movies anymore?

hobbitsister said...

well, a movie rental place probably wouldn't have this anyways. check it out of the library.