Monday, August 15, 2011

What's This All About?

I'm on a quest to view all of the movies on the American Film Institute's Top 100 lists (well, at least almost all - I'm not convinced that my life will be any better if I actually watch The Exorcist or a few of the others. But we'll see how it goes).
For those who don't know, 13 years ago, AFI compiled a list of the best 100 movies made in the first 100 years of Hollywood ( http://www.afi.com/100years/ ). Over the next ten years, they made new lists, sorting movies by genre:

100 Stars
100 Laughs
100 Thrills
100 Passions
100 Heroes & Villains
100 Songs
100 Film Quotes
100 Years of Film Scores (actually only 25 movies)
100 Years of Musicals (again, 25)
100 Cheers
10th Anniversary Edition (a slightly altered Top 100)
10 Top Ten (more genres)

In all, there are far more than 100 movies, although some overlap several categories. I think I've now seen over half of them, and I figure why do this if I can't share my thoughts? So here they are, my personal reviews of AFI's Top 100.

5 comments:

melilotnfosco said...

it's always nice to be able to share one's thoughts

melilotnfosco said...

wow - that's a complicated way to comment

Hobbitsister said...

How do I change it? It's annoying me.

hobbitsister said...

Okay - I think it's working now.

melilotnfosco said...

that looks better