Cheers (#85)
Angela Bassett and Laurence Fishbourne were excellent in this movie. The movie itself I could take or leave. I don't care much for Tina Turner.
As for the story - I really don't get how people can just look away when they see someone being abused. So many people knew what Ike was doing to Tina, yet they said nothing. Props to the one woman who finally became the person Tina could talk to, and props to the hotel manager who, when a beaten, penniless Tina showed up at his front desk, gave her a room, no questions asked.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFUaHWAJ9_4

2 comments:
oh. leonard nimoy singing 'proud mary.' with apologies to sheldon, i didn't finish it.
i did finish this one, though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMzNGDjH9FE
:)
it's ok that you didn't finish the leonard nimoy one. it was beyond bad karaoke, but i thought it was funny
Post a Comment