Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Pulp Fiction

Top 100 (#95/94); Thrills (#53); Top Ten - Gangster (#7)

Here's something unexpected - I liked this movie.  I really didn't think I would.  In fact, I was figuring I'd probably turn it off partway through.  But I didn't.

I'm not saying it's my favorite movie ever.  But it was clever.  It was witty.  It had moments that you really didn't see coming.  And John Travolta danced.

 Yes, it was sweary, and it had it's gross moments.  But it kept me interested.  And it had a great cast - John Travolta, Samuel L. Jackson (but what's with his hair in the poster?  that was so not his movie hair), Eric Stoltz (not altogether lovable here, but he's always been one of my favorites, so that's ok.  and he was funny), Tim Roth, and Bruce Willis (whom I love so much, yet I always forget how much I love him until I see him and then I think "Oh, I love him so much!", so then, not only do I love him, but I'm always pleasantly surprised, and that makes me happy).  And then there's Ving Rhames and Christopher Walken and Harvey Keitel.

So I'm not saying you have to see it.  I'm just saying I was surprised that I liked it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAf6MWehpGA

1 comment:

melilotnfosco said...

three thoughts:
1. thank you so much for the clip
2. i still love the princess diana story
3. gold lame suit