Tuesday, July 24, 2012

New York, New York

Songs - Theme from 'New York, New York' (#31)

Robert DeNiro in a musical?  Well, he didn't actually sing. He played (or maybe pretended to play) the saxophone.

I didn't really care for this movie.  I just don't get couples that put career ahead of their marriage.  Don't get married then if your career is that important.

I will say this, though - Liza Minelli can belt it, and this song is one of her best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhaS4_gn3cc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T3h9JocqLk

6 comments:

melilotnfosco said...

so basically 'the godfather - part 2' or 'the one that is actually somwhat about the godfather' could have been a musical?

melilotnfosco said...

and hooray for the new york mets and mr. mookie!

hobbitsister said...

well, nyny was a musical - it's just that liza sang but deniro didn't.

hobbitsister said...

i put mr mookie in there just for you

hobbitsister said...

remember when you lived in iowa, iowa?

melilotnfosco said...

i know you put him in there just for me. and i appreciate it. :)
yes, it was the nyc of iowa.