Thursday, July 26, 2012

Saturday Night Fever

Songs - Stayin' Alive (#9)

I didn't have the highest expectations for this movie - I was expecting cheese.  And yes, it delivered.  But what I really didn't expect was how much I would dislike Tony Manero and flat-out hate the movie.

I can see where a 20 year old guy who's Mr. Disco would think he was all that with the ladies.  But what a pig.  And when Doreen fawned all over him and begged, "Tony, can I wipe the sweat off your forehead?"  I groaned and every suffragette out there rolled over in her grave because she set women back to caveman days.

So no, I did not like Saturday Night Fever.  I can see why it's iconic, but I attribute that to the BeeGees, not to the story itself.  The soundtrack is the only thing likeable about this movie.  Well, that and the fact that it inspired this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KMkh8glNsA

2 comments:

melilotnfosco said...

it's amazing how often i sing this

hobbitsister said...

i love grover