
Stars - Gary Cooper (#11), Barbara Stanwyck (#11); Cheers (#49)
So here's the thing - I loved Ball of Fire. I mean, really loved it. And so I started watching this movie expecting it to be another Ball of Fire. It's not.
Not that it's bad. Not at all. Cooper, Stanwyck, Capra - of course it's good. It's just a totally different movie. This is a social commentary on the plight of the average citizen. Cooper is softspoken and noble. Stanwyck is fiesty. Capra makes you feel good to be alive. But it's a drama, not a romantic comedy.
So yes, Meet John Doe is a good movie.
But it's not Ball of Fire.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9AXjEChjno
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9AXjEChjno
2 comments:
happy winnie the pooh day!
sterling holloway, the voice of winnie the pooh, appears in this movie.
yeah, they're not the same. both good, but not the same.
Post a Comment