Stars - William Holden (#25); Passions (#59)
1) The poster looks like a Harlequin novel. The movie isn't actually that smutty.
2) Pretty girl Madge falls for bad boy Hal, even though her mother wants her to marry All-American boy Alan.
3) Madge doesn't like that everybody refers to her as the pretty one. But at least she's pretty; it kind of almost makes up for the fact that her name is Madge.
4) Madge's teenage sister Millie doesn't like being referred to as the smart one. But at least she's not named Madge.
5) The movie had the feel of a play.
6) It also had great lines like "Baby, I'm a bum. Ya don't need an x-ray machine to see through me."
7) I don't really care for William Holden. I don't know why. I just don't.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr8vUTm64h0

2 comments:
i heard somebody today say that he was just in the play "picnic". so yes, it was a play first, then a movie. i'm so smart.
good job you.
and i did not watch the clip because that song gets into my head all the time as it is.
and i would rather be the smart one named millie than the pretty one named madge.
Post a Comment