Stars - Whoopi Goldberg (Current); Songs - Unchained Melody (#27); Passions (#19)
I made it through 20 years of my life without seeing Ghost, and I don't think I missed anything. It was ok - better than I thought it would be, although admittedly my expectations were low.
The plot was lame - you knew right away who Patrick Swayze's killer was and why he was going to kill him. Demi Moore can't act. And Unchained Melody is one of the most boring songs ever. And then, it couldn't decide what kind of movie it wanted to be. Most of the time it was supposed to be this great romantic drama. But a few times the "ghost" thing came off as a failed attempt at a horror movie, with bits so out of place they were laughable. And other times it seemed more like something out of Scooby Doo. Go figure. I'm guessing Whoopi got her Oscar by being the one saving grace of the movie.
I have to admit I liked this part though, where Sam (who is a ghost and therefore has all the time in eternity) tries to annoy Oda Mae into listening to him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZxIAN6don4
2 comments:
one of those movies i really don't care about
yeah, that's what i thought too. before and after i saw it.
Post a Comment