Wherein I review the AFI Top 100 Movies (in all categories). Beware of Spoilers!
Wednesday, May 8, 2013
AFI Top 100 Songs
For some reason, AFI absolutely loves Judy Garland and Barbra Streisand. While I can't really dispute "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" at #1 (although I probably would have placed it top 5), I can't for the life of me figure out "The Man That Got Away" at #11. Wondering what movie it's from? Exactly. It's a song you probably don't know unless you're a diehard Judy fan. I think these songs should be determined by significance in the movie as well as influence on pop culture.
And while I'd love to see Porgy and Bess ("Summertime", #52), I can't find it. So we'll have to wait on that review.
Here is a lengthy collection of all 100 songs - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pcg9xXjz7ks&list=PLz59ctKeMZfKI3vtr4RqnlhkIkuCrEDlY
But if you don't have time, then watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIiT51Y5uiM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
yeah, i don't think i'm going to sit through the long one
i didn't think you would (i didn't) but i thought i should give you the option because there wasn't a montage-y thing
yes, thank you
Post a Comment