Wherein I review the AFI Top 100 Movies (in all categories). Beware of Spoilers!
Wednesday, April 17, 2013
AFI Top 100 Laughs
I guess comedy means different things to different people, but I did find some pleasant surprises on this list - Buster Keaton, Nick and Nora Charles, It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World, and Ball of Fire, to name a few. I still really do not get Woody Allen, and I think O Brother, Where Art Thou? and The Princess Bride should have made the list.
Oh, and I haven't yet seen The Freshman or The Heartbreak Kid. I haven't been able to find them, but I'll review them when I do.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzf43LdYeYU
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
i do think 'laughs' is probably the most subjective, because people really do have different senses of humor.
and afi hates 'the princess bride.' or rather, doesn't even acknowledge it.
and i hadn't noticed before - 'singin' in the rain' as a laugh? yeah, it has funny moments, but i don't think of it as a comedy.
i think it's because it's more lighthearted than most dramas.
it's not a drama, though, either
i think that's it with a lot of these. they don't really fit the drama category, so they were put here.
Post a Comment