Stars - Sophia Loren (#21)
This movie is not on any of the lists, but Sophia Loren is, so here you go.
I love this movie. I love the story of Don Quixote (although the book is cumbersome). And I love the way Don Quixote sees Aldonza, his beloved Dulcinea.
As Eliza Dolittle says, "The difference between a lady and a flower girl is not how she behaves, but how she is treated. I shall always be a common flower girl to Professor Higgins, because he always treats me like a common flower girl, and always will. But I know that I shall always be a lady to Colonel Pickering, because he always treats me like a lady, and always will."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-1aCoRqRO4 (I don't know why the sound doesn't match the picture, but oh well)
4 comments:
i really don't know the story of don quixote, but i'm glad you love the story
then you should watch this movie
i would but i found him a little scary
ok. the premise of the musical is that cervantes is in prison during the spanish inquisition. in order to pass the time, he tells the story of don quixote, with the other prisoners playing the other roles. they make costumes and act out the tale. hence o'toole's bad makeup
Post a Comment